1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cardiff Doctor Who Exhibition

Discussion in 'Still life' started by Dvorak, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

I've put these in 'still life' although there's a lot of interactivity, 3D and actors doing stuff. But they don't let you tog that...there's be little point as it would spoil the effect.

Anyway, for the fans, some treats. I shall spare you the shots of my family getting into the part...

1:

[​IMG]

2 They had a full set of Tardis exteriors: versions going back to the original:

[​IMG]

3 Bowties are cool. The Doctor said so:

[​IMG]

4 Recent costumes, although they have some restored ones going back nearly 50 years too:

[​IMG]

5 My eyes were on stalks too at this fine set:

[​IMG]

6 Silence will fall!

[​IMG]

7 One of my favourite classic consoles. Hard to get a clean shot but I was pleased:

[​IMG]

8 Mainly used by Tom Baker. With a sneaky (non-canonical) guest appearance from the 8th Doctor there:

[​IMG]

9 They have all the latest models, but a real highlight is a recreation of the original one. It's even a light green as that doesn't flare and looks more white than true white on 405 line black and white screens:

[​IMG]
  2. Very nice selection here that brings back memories of a similar display in Leeds in the late 70's.
  3. Now you've gone and reminded me how old I am :D
  4. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Geektastic :)
  5. Nice geeky set, I like #7 the most. It does however concern me with a clear trip hazard, the loose floor and unprotected wiring, even Time-Lords need health and safety reps.
  6. Good set a lot to see :)
  7. Dvorak

He he. I wish you could get so close as to possibly trip over them!

DW writer and League of Gentleman star Mark Gatiss as a boy once saw a photo of the old Tardis set with the (usually hidden) cable. He created early fanfiction about what it could possibly be for, as the Tardis' power comes from the central column not a plug in the wall. As he grew up he learned that BBC studio floors were, um, solid and things had to be wired more visibly. He put his developing writing skills to good use as an adult on Who and Sherlock, etc!
  8. :geek:
    love the line up dof shots especially the suits
  9. I love them all but photographically the daleks are best. I beleive they are closing it soon?
  10. Dvorak

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, the lease finally runs out on the site this month, hence our recent family visit "just in time". It was still doing its thing on full power though and well worth it.

With the next main series still a year away plus a new showrunner and Doctor, it gives them time to refresh the brand, plan ahead and come back all new for the incoming 13th (16th? depending on your counting) Doctor on a new site. :prop:
  11. Been meaning to do the trekkie exhibition in Blackpool. Nice to see the old models of the tardis. Has it given you any ideas for re-decorating your lounge?